Monday, April 24, 2006

Fuck those fucking motherfucker drums ; )

I think those fucking drums are making me deaf. I don't know if it's just that the people I talk to mumble (a lot of them do) or what, but I have had to ask "What?", "Huh?" and "excuse me?" more that I’ve been comfortable with lately.

And I know what you’re thinking “why doesn’t he just use ear plugs?" I do and they don't help. I even have a pair of those huge Remington brand headphones used for shotgun practice, and no they don't help.

In fact it's worse. I just play louder to compensate for the protection, which destroys the drums and my hearing. Plus I can't hear the fine overtones and subtle sound of using a certain technique.

It probability doesn’t help I play them in a semi-enclosed space, but where else am I supposed to put them?