Thursday, December 08, 2005

Movie Review: "The Rage In Placid Lake"

I watched "The Rage In Placid Lake" this morning and I must say I though it was going to be a boring and lame film but it was quite good. In fact I think it was one of those very rare films that comes along once in a while, that really reaches out and touches you, such as "Trust" and "Beijing Bicycle" and I don't mean in the way a priest touches alter boys.

I started watching it last night, but I was very tired and I though it was going to be stupid, so I just laid back on the couch and dozed, then went to bed, but this morning I said fuck it, it could be interesting?, and watched it and I'm glad to say I did. The movie is basically about a kid who is very intelligent and doesn’t want to conform to societies norms of being another drone in the corporate world. I think that the movie parallels my life in many ways, except for the fact that I never got beat up, I was the one beating others, and my parents were not new-age hippies. Interesting movie though.