Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Broken Lamp

My lamp broke couple days ago but I never got a chance to write about it, so here goes: I was trying to move it in to another room and I was walking on my bed but the cord got stuck on my chair and as I was only holding it with one hand the glass shade fell off and shattered.

I was really paranoid about the glass being everywhere because I had clothes on my bed ect. I ended up wearing some of the clothes on my bed and washing the rest, washing all the linen on my bed and giving my whole room a very through cleaning.

Also I took everything out of my closet so as to clean it and spray Lysol into it and let that permeate throughout, because when ever I put clothes in there they all come out smelling like dust. When I first moved it there seemed to be some mold on the top shelf in it, so I painted the shelf. But I looked again yesterday and there seemed to be a very small amount of mold on the wall near the self. This is very tough mold because it does not respond to bleach or scrubbing, that’s why I had to paint over it.

I'm not sure if it's mold either but it's some kind of mildew or something, it's kind of fuzzy and it's stuck on to the self/wall. I have thoroughly cleaned my closet before but still the smell, well I will have to see how I do this time.