Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I Finally Got Some Shoes

After about a million trips to every shoes store I the city I finally got a pair of shoes. It started snowing tonight, so if I didn't get some I was seriously fucked. As you know I have a very wide foot, so it's very hard to find a shoe that fits me, much less a shoe that fits me and looks cool. I had originally wanted to get a pair of k Swiss sneakers but a pair of them in wide is about as rare as a red diamond. Basically all sneakers would not be wide enough for me, so I tried getting some casual dress suede boots. There were problems with all the ones I could find though so as desperation ensued I got a pair of dark brown shoes that are kind of like a moccasin. I don't like the moccasin style but all the other wide shoes had defects and didn't fit. I asked some friends who claimed they like it and though it was "cool", although I had an uncanny feeling they were lying. I also bough some water proofing stuff for it which I suspect is silicone based. The woman at the counter claims it was not, but she didn’t seem like she knew what she was talking about. For those of you who are like “wtf?” silicone is a big no-no for shoes because it prevents them from breathing which equals sweaty feet:( I still want to get some more peoples opinion on it and maybe look for shoes some more before I wear it, plus I have to treat it to. I still plan to order this:






online. I’m not sure if it will be wide enough but it's the only k Swiss shoe they make in wide, so ill give it a shot.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like reading your site man keep up the good work

matt said...

thanks

Anonymous said...

that sneaker looks cool.

Anonymous said...

yes

Anonymous said...

I like your blog. The sneaker is good but do you wear white socks with them?
Your disregard for spelling is admirable and your righteous anger inspires

Anonymous said...

I was looking for Messenger Bags and was wondering if Marc by Marc Jacobs is the best designer for Messenger Bags?